Overdrive is a full service communications,
branding and interactive agency.
Incorporated in 1986, the firm is located in the Junction area of Toronto. We are 100% Canadian owned, employing a highly qualified team of strategists, creatives, developers and project managers full time. Our business is to solve brand and communications challenges for other organizations and to impact the business operations of those organziations in an appreciable and positive way.
We are particularly strong with rebrands, adequately funded start-ups and organizations that are wanting to accelerate their growth through clearer and more meaningful visual messaging.
We excel at any branding or interactive project that requires a distillation of complex ideas into something understandable or any project that requires the consolidation of a plethora of disparate materials into a cohesive and recognizable public face.
We will work with any organization large or small that believes in the value of good design, the impact it can make on their businesses and that wishes to work in an environment of mutual respect, learning, intelligence and passion.
What we bring to our work is 30 years of best business practices, strategic and design thinking. Underlying this is an equally long and successful marriage to technology mixed with traditional craftsmanship - the former having to do with currency and the latter with quality.
We offer a wide range of services:
• Brand strategy
• Communication and marketing strategy
• Advertising strategy
• Creating entirely new ideas or evolving existing programs including innovation, development and operationalization
• Creative direction and Art direction
• Marketing and Advertising campaigns
• Creative writing for business communications and advertising
• Editorial writing for articles and blogs
• Script writing for storyboards, video and animation
• Logo design
• Comprehensive visual identity programs
• Brand expression (how logos, palette, and typography are applied across a wide range collateral)
• Brand standards and guidelines (print and on-line)
• User interface design for apps, web and kiosks
• User experience design for interactive and events
• Editorial design for brochures, books and annual reports
• Packaging design
• Environmental and interior graphics
• Wayfinding and signage
• Event design
• Trade show exhibit design
• Information design
• Custom Software Development
• App Design
• Web applications
• Touch screen
8_Photography, Video and Motion Graphics
We have thrived in a highly competitive and rapidly changing industry for long enough to have learned that the best work comes from projects driven by people with passion, intelligence and an understanding of the value of good design. With that in mind we are always in search of honest collaboration, sustainable growth and creating a rich, mutually beneficial business experience.
We will approach your business from a position of collaboration and learning. You teach us. We’ll teach you. We believe that projects and relationships thrive best in an environment of mutual respect, listening and open dialogue.
We will strategize, design and implement your project from a position of robust critical thought, conceptual rigour, pride in craft and the application of best-practices in design and business.
With a reputation as early adopters over the past 30 years we have time-and-again adapted to new technologies and evolved to meet the demands of an ever-changing industry landscape. Our MO has always been, what we don't know, we can learn.
Communication Arts, Coupe, Applied Arts, Art Directors Club, Graphis, Site of the day, Inspiration Is, Creative Boom, Association of Registered Graphic Designers, Design Edge, How